Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Can You Die Of A Broken Heart? - Dr Nikki Stamp

Dr Nikki Stamp is a cardiothoracic surgeon who has written a book about the heart, how it functions, the myths around it and answers many of the questions we might have about this mysterious organ.  She weaves facts about anatomy and physiology with stories about many of the patients she has looked after over the years.  She is a good writer and although a small book, I enjoyed it and felt like it covered lots of topics without too much waffle - my favorite type of medical book.  4/5

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

I would like to read this. My husband has had Alzheimer’s for going on six years. I have been blessed it has been slow but he can only hold a thought for 20 secs. We have been married for 56 years and I don’t know if I could go on without him. I think I could die of a broken heart. We met on a setup date when I was 17. And he was 20.. he knows what is happening to him but without him the joy of life would go. I look at the queen and Prince Phillip and wonder how they can bare to split now when they have so little time left

John Bellen said...

That's a beautiful and sad story, Sally. My best wishes to you and your husband.