Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Durrells of Corfu - Michael Haag

I don't know much about the Durrells except from what I have seen on the fictionalized show that has been on television in recent years.  This little book talks about the family and their real life adventures.  How they left India to settle first in the UK and then to move for a couple of years to Corfu. 

Although interesting to hear the reality of their situation I found I was somewhat slightly irritated by them all, that there seemed to be a few idyllic summers on the Greek island, with an every changing group of people staying at the variety of villas they lived in.  I much prefer the television show where it all looks gold tinted with sweet and funny characters. 3/5

1 comment:

sallyhicks said...

I know my daughter enjoyed the books when she was about 12. They made her want to be a vet. Perhaps now they are a little old fashioned. I never read them.