Saturday, September 02, 2017

Spooks

I really liked the British drama Spooks when it originally aired about MI5, which had a great abundance of quality acting mixed with serious political storylines.  Sir Harry Pearce  (Peter Firth) returns to tie this story and adding Kitchen Harrington you think would be a winning formula.

A usual case of the old double cross and not knowing if our characters were working for the goodies or the baddies left me a little bored .  Like the Sex and the City movies, it felt like it was trying to recreate a period of time and place that had moved on.  2/5


1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I liked the series when it first came out, but then it became, at to me, much less realistic. They tried for action in every episode, and every second hour a character was killed off in the line of duty.

I much prefer the old series "The Sandbaggers", about SIS operators. That had action but it was often made from tension rather than actual violence. It was quite realistic, so it seemed to me.