Wednesday, April 05, 2017

It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover

I know this seems a silly thing to say about a fiction book, but it just seemed all a bit too made up for me.  Lily Blossom Bloom is a girl who has grown up in a home where her father continually physically abused her mother.  After escaping she heads to Boston where she dreams if being a florist  (cue the cheesy name).

There she meets Ryle a handsome Neurosurgery registrar who falls in love with her.  Somehow it all felt a bit too TV movie for me.  I didn't feel like the characters were real. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I'm not really a big fan of ultra-realism, but I know what you mean; the situations, the plots, the characters still have to come across as genuine, true to the setting of the book. Sometimes a story comes across more as an author's fantasy than a real story.