Saturday, January 14, 2017

La La Land

I was a bit mortified today, after organising friends to meet at the cinema, to find it had made the booking wrong and the cinema was sold out.  One of the girls however found us seats at a later session in town.

I tried to avoid reading reviews about the movie, so it was nice to be surprised and enjoy the movie.  Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were awesome in the lead roles and although I am not a big fan of musicals I thought they did a great job of making the songs bearable.

I don't want to go over the plot here, you can find it all on Wikipedia.   A 4/5 from me.

2 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I've heard only good reviews for this movie. Rave reviews, actually. So it's nice to read that a "real" person (lol) enjoyed it!

John Bellen said...

I've heard good things about it, too. I knew it featured songs, but is it a musical in that the actors sing, or are the songs just heard on the soundtrack?