Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I'm Supposed to Protect You From All This - Nadja Spiegelman

I have to say I didn'the really enjoy this book and kept waiting for it to improve and reveal some magic.  Nadja tells the stories around her mother said growing up and the relationships between mothers, daughters and grandmothers.   There are some interesting stories told and the span of the stories from the early 1900s to the current day show the rapid cultural and social changes that have occurred.   I think the main issue was that I didn'the like any of the women written about.  They all seemed a bit mean and selfish.  2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It;'s tough to be interested in a book when the characters are the sort who are't likeable or interesting. I find that with a number of movies, too.