Saturday, December 17, 2016

Alanatomy - Alan Carr

After reading a few too many books about death and dying lately, I chose something a bit lighter .  Alan Carr is the host of the UK talk show Chatty Man.  I like him, he is pretty entertaining but I felt a bit flat after reading this one.

I guess there were a few chapters devoted to shows I have never seen and celebrities that mean nothing to me.  I also felt that he kept trying to write everything as a bit of a joke and a lot of it just felt a bit annoying and unnecessary, yet when he was writing honestly I enjoyed his tales.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

The trouble with some comedians is that they are always 'on'. I felt that way about Robin Williams, and it may have been a bit of a prison for him. Even when he was being serious, he was joking. That can pall after a bit.