Thursday, October 13, 2016

In Such Good Company - Carol Burnett

I saw Carol Burnett being interviewed on a tv show, and that is how I learned about this book which talks about her tv show that ran for 11 years in the 1970s.  She writes about her life, running the show, her co stars and the many guests that came on doing skits and songs, in the variety show.  First and foremost she comes across as a lovely lady that cared deeply for her many friends and is nice to everybody.  I am maybe a touch too young to know who many of the people are in her book, but still enjoyed reading about them. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I've always like Carol Burnett. She struck me as not only a very funny woman but a nice one. Her humour was certainly clean and free of the denigration of others. She showed that even when being silly, a person can be classy.