Sunday, July 17, 2016

Remember

Saturday night in the winter time is the perfect time for heading out for Asian Chicken Noodles and then a little arthouse movie.  The noodles were great, although not so great this morning as I had to run to the bathroom several times.  My bestie who ate the same meal felt fine, so I am sure that I am just sensitive to some of the ingredients.

As we sat down at the movie we were a bit surprised as the promos running first.  They were advertising super hero/comic based shows.  I guess it was the school holidays, but as the audience were mostly over 60 it seemed like they had not thought about the demographics watching.  Mum and her bestie thought they were the youngest, until a couple in their 30s were the last couple to sit down.

Mum and her friend did enjoy the movie, and more so because they didn't know a lot about it.  It is a little type of thriller about two elderly men in a rest home who make a plan to search out the block kapo that had their family killed at Auschwitz.  That really is all you need to know.  4/5

3 comments:

John Bellen said...

I've not heard of this film, but it sounds intriguing. I will track it down to watch. Thank you! Plummer is astounding; he has always been a favourite actor of mine (Canadian, eh?) and is still going strong in his eighties. Marvelous.

John Bellen said...

I've not heard of this film, but it sounds intriguing. I will track it down to watch. Thank you! Plummer is astounding; he has always been a favourite actor of mine (Canadian, eh?) and is still going strong in his eighties. Marvelous.

John Bellen said...

I saw "Remember" on the weekend. An excellent film! Plummer was superb. He and Landau are still great - though for two other very old male characters, they had to cast whipper-snappers of only 75 and make them look older!