Sunday, April 17, 2016

Fool Me Once - Harlan Coben

I wasn't convinced by this one.  Normally Harlan Coben is a pretty solid type of author and you know what you are going to get, a normal everyman/everywoman type main character with a normal life who goes through lots of twists and turns at their life is turned upside down, but you know they are normally going to come out on top at the end, and the bad guy will get theirs.  Still in this one, I just felt a bit like it was a story that didn't resonate with me.

Maya starts off at the funeral of her husband, killed in the park leaving her as a mother to a young daughter.  Her sister was also killed several years earlier and she begins to link the two together after a run in with the family nanny.

Still I'm not going to give up on you Mr Coben - I still believe in your power to produce a solid thriller novel. 3/5

No comments: