Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Room

It felt like an autumnal day today with a mild 15 deg temperature and the first time in months the long jeans were pulled out and the uniform of a cardigan and scarf were donned.  Tuesday is $11 special at the cinema, which was the good excuse to catch a movie.  I had read this book this movie is based on a year or so ago, so was aware of the story.

Ma and her son Jack are confined to one small room with shabby furnishings as she was taken from the streets 7 years ago as a teenager.  Such awesome performances from both main actors, taking what could have been miserable and grim, but giving it some joy and hope.  I did enjoy it and thought that Brie was deserving of the oscar she won yesterday for best Actress. 4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

As a follower of your Poppy, I just discovered this other blog of yours. I've read a number of your reviews now, and though I enjoy them, I wouldn't mind at all if they were longer, and you gave more of your opinion.