Saturday, February 13, 2016

Die Again - Tess Gerritsen

 Detective Rizzoli and Medical Examiner  Isles are back again to solve another murder, and this one with all its twists and turns is a pretty standard usual fare.  Still it was just the distraction I needed this week and I liked the African back story, I wasn't sure where it was going until about half way through the story.

I am a bit over the formulaic murder/thriller.  Gruesome death, hunt the killer, get trapped by the killer, killer dies in the last twenty pages.  I am always on the look for something different, but maybe I won't like it when I find it. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I wonder why deaths in murder-mysteries must be gruesome these days. Is it not bad enough that someone is killed; it must be horrible? I like the Agatha Christie type mysteries from the 1920s and '30s, when murders were almost incidental to the puzzles, yet there was still heart and character in the stories.