Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The Dog Master - W. Bruce Cameron

This book is about the imagined step of pre historic man, who took the step of turning a wolf into a pet, going from being hunted to being a team.  Centered on two different small tribes, both trying to survive by hunting the food and keeping the family members alive while surviving the elements, and being killed themselves.

I did enjoy the book, it is well written and entertaining, but I couldn't help but feel a bit jaded from the Clan of the Cave bear memories, especially as the book ended in a place that you know that there is another book waiting in the wings.  I just hope there are not another 7 - I don't have it in me to do a long series.

So as I head to bed I am grateful for my quilt, electric blanket and feather pillows, knowing that I would have been a rubbish cave woman, running and chasing and sleeping rough are not my things. 3/5

No comments: