Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Dressmaker of Dachau - Mary Chamberlain

Ada Vaughan is a young London girl with dreams of being a successful fashion designer.  Seduced by a charming Count, she finds herself in Belgium as the second world war breaks out.  I really liked the idea of this book, as them time period often is one of my favourites to read about.  I just got a little annoyed at Ada, who seemed a a little too naive and kept finding herself stuck in a pickle.  I just wanted her to be a little stronger and smarter. Some of the story seemed to jump about a bit much for me, one chapter she was in one place, and then all of a sudden she was onto the next part of her story, and it left me wondering a bit.  Still the ending did surprise me, I did not expect it to head in that direction.   3/5

No comments: