Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Every Patient Tells a Story - Lisa Sanders

The author of this book Dr Lisa Sanders, was a technical advisor on House the television show, one I couldn't bear to watch.  Much as I got that he was a grouchy loveable character, the whole premise of five doctors sitting round for a week discussing one case, breaking into houses and worse of all - performing all their own diagnostic examinations seemed far fetched to me.  Working in radiology, I have never seen a doctor who knows how to take the scan.

In this book, Lisa talks about some of her more interesting cases and the whole role and importance of the diagnostic examination.  The doctor asking questions, physically examining the patient rather than relying on blood tests and diagnostic studies alone. That was interesting stuff, but somehow I didn't really feel the stories themselves were compelling.  2/5

No comments: