Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel

This little book had had such good reviews that I was expecting a bit of magic and for me the magic was lacking.  It was a touch of The Walking Dead (minus zombies) with another part Ebola virus (minus the blood and body fluids) and I can see how that is flavour of the month at the moment.  It did make me realise we would all miss our devises and the lights if the lights went out.

  I did find it hard to connect with the characters, and not one stood out to me and made me want to find out thei story, and even though I finished it last night I have no clear visions of the characters themselves.  It makes me wonder if it was all set out like a bad telemovie ensemble piece, you know ten B grade Hollywood types wearing cargo pants at an abandoned airfield/airport.  Ahhh - I can see the trailer now!!  2.5

No comments: