Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Toast and Marmalade - Emma Bridgewater

I must say I eat my dinner every night off Emma Bridgewater plates and even though they are  over ten years old they make me smile each evening.  So obviously I am a fan, and I did enjoy this book.  It is a real mixture of lovely family photos, recipes,family memories and stories about how Emma set up her business and some of the influences that have made her a worldwide success story.

It was hard not to be jealous of her lovely life with and country houses filled with children and extended family, casual collections of pottery and paintings around the house that you know will be filled with the smells of home baking and flowers.  How I can only dream of such a life!!  You know though that Emma achieved this by working hard and believing in her dream of making that homely mug, plate and bowl that so many of us love.  A scrumptious book.   4/5

No comments: