Tuesday, April 01, 2014

The Farm - Tom Rob Smith

Daniel is living in London with his partner, believing his parents to be settled into their retirement in rural Sweden, when he receives a phone call, first from his father advising him of his mothers admission to a mental hospital, and then from his mother, seeking his help.  All is not as it seems, and we join Daniel on the journey to find out who to believe.

I sort of wanted to really like this story, as the author does spin a good tale, but somehow I was reminded of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/ Gone Girl and other recent books, and some of the sub plot lines got a bit  lost on me. I do like a spooky story sometimes, but I was a bit weirded out by the troll stuff and teenage girl lust obsession is a bit too creepy for me.   3/5

No comments: