Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Shame and the Captives - Tom Keneally

I have bad book guilt.  I'm not saying this was a bad book, it is just that I feel guilty when I reject a book and make it a wallflower, standing on the verges never to be read by me again.   I love looking in bookstores, online and in the library, I have close to 3000 on my goodreads to be read folder, I love books that much and the pile beside my bed is teetering with the 7 books that I have to read in the next couple of weeks.

So, I was looking forward to reading Shame and the Captives, a novel by Tom Keneally (of Schindlers List fame).  With a prisoner of war camp built in rural New South Wales, it tells the story of European, Korean and Japanese prisoners, and the locals in the surrounding community.  I got through forty pages, but for me it was too much of a struggle to read as I was fighting the words too much, so I put it aside.

No comments: