Saturday, March 08, 2014

Confessions of a Mediocre Widow - Catherine Tidd

Catherine Tidd is only 31 when her husband is involved in  a motorbike accident on his way to work.  Left a widow with three young children, we follow her journey as she has to organise his funeral and carry on with a new life.

I always like a good memoir, it gives you a few life lessons along the way and even though I am not married myself I can appreciate how awful this experience is for Catherine and laugh along with her at the absurd things she encounters.  Realising that she has written his birthday incorrectly on the large rock used as a headstone did make me smile, as it is easier when you are grieving to make mistakes.  Catherine started off as a blogger, and I do admire her writing skills as she managed to make me enjoy this story of her life.

5/5

No comments: