Wednesday, December 04, 2013

My Life - David Jason

I like a biography, I seem to read enough of them lately, so this one seemed like it would provide a little amusement.  I did enjoy reading about his normal growing up, and training as an electrician.  While at school him and a mate joined a dramatic club as a way to meet girls, and without any formal training he was able to start making his living as an actor in his twenties.

For me the middle part of the book was a bit dry and I guess not knowing all the old actors and actresses of the 60's and 70's it was not my favorite book.  All started to improve when he wrote more about Porridge, Open All Hours , Fools and Horses, The Darling Buds of May and all his other television roles.  Even though there were lots of amusing stories about what him and his fellow actors got up too, it is the stories about friends and family that touch you the most, and allow you to see the man.  He certainly would seem to be a good man to share a meal and a chat with.  3/5

No comments: