Monday, October 29, 2012

The Raven + The Awakening

 The Raven - DVD (2012)

The Raven is a story about a madman who seems to be killing people in the same way as characters die in Edgar Allen Poes stories.  When his fiancé is captured the author becomes more involved in finding out who this crazy murderer is.

I must admit to being unfamiliar with the stories, so that made this dark story a bit boring for me.   Thank goodness for Wikipedia, so I could find out what was meant to be happening in the story line.  I always enjoy a bit of John Cusack though.  3/5

The Awakening - DVD (2011)
Florences mission in life is too debunk hoax psychics who scam unsuspecting suspects.  Called upon to visit a school where a young boy has been murdered by the resident ghost, she finds herself getting scared.  I must admit to jumping a bit, but I was home alone and it was midnight on a Sunday night and the back door was open letting the breezes into the house.

I liked all of the actors in this British movie and the setting of the school was very remote and gothic.  The story didn't quite ring true for me, and I found the ending a bit weak and confusing.  For that I have to give it 3/5.

No comments: