Saturday, October 27, 2012

Killing Them Softly

Killing them Softly (2012)

After a tasty dinner uptown we did the slow wander down to the movie theatres.  One of the oldie cinemas didn't have any shows on at the time we wanted, the other one was booked out, so we had to head off to the young peoples cinema - the one that smells of shoes and greasy food.

We were told that this movie was reviewed as a good one, and I didn't know anything about it besides Brad Pitt being on the poster.  Like a lot of books I have read, I know that I am not the target audience for this movie, I am sure that it is not intended for middle aged ladies.  Out of the four of us that went, one walked out after ten minutes, the other two enjoyed it, and I found it a bit grim and empty.

Set at the time of the last American election,  we meet a couple of down and out young guys who agree to rob a card game, expecting to make a small profit.  However a couple of  professional hitmen are called into town after the robbery to exact some revenge.  So there is a lot of violence and not so glamorous scenery in the rough ends of town.

I have to say it was all a bit serious and rough for me, and with only the tiniest touch of humour, I found it rather soulless and pointless.  1/5

No comments: