Thursday, October 18, 2012

Every Day - David Levithan

Every Day - David Levithan (2012)

Every Day we get to meet A as a different person.  Waking up, A  finds him/herself in the body of a different 16 year old boy or girl.  This has been happening as long as A can remember.  Taking the day to adjust and fit in, A knows at midnight things will change again.

All goes smoothly until A meets Rhiannion and realises discovers love, but can he/she convince Rhiannion to love in return?  It was a really interesting prospect, and a new and interesting way to look at teenagers, fitting in and acceptance.  As with most teenage novels, there is quite a bit of angst and teenage relationship drama.

The best bit is, I might finally have read a book that I can recommend to my  16 year old niece.  I'm going to give it a 4/5 just because the story has stayed with me.

No comments: