Friday, September 21, 2012

I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag - Jennifer Gilbert

I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag - Jennifer Gilbert (2012)

I do like me a good little memoir.  It doesn't have to be from somebody famous, or a name dropper to make an impression, sometimes the best ones are about semi-ordinary lives.   Jennifer Gilbert was living an ordinary life with big dreams of a new job in New York, when a trauma changes everything.

This trauma turns her life inside out and she returns home with her parents and plans out her new future, and it was this part of her life that was most interesting.  A new career in event planning, her relationships and path to motherhood are thoughtfully retold with a sense of strength and humour.  So much so, that I stayed up late last night and woke up early this morning to read this book.  4/5

No comments: