Friday, September 21, 2012

City of Ravens - Boria Sax

City of Ravens - Boria Sax  (2012)

Initially I was drawn to this story by the cover, with the ravens sitting over the Tower of London.  I've been there, and you can't help but be drawn to the great black bird that roam around.  Of course, those ones can't fly over, as they have had their wings clipped to prevent them leaving.

The author mainly looks at the origin of the Towers birds, and the truth regarding the idea that the Monarchy will fall if the birds ever leave.    He also explores how other European cultures have their own myths and beliefs about this regal bird.

Although I learnt a little bit, I found that some of the facts were repeated over and over, and I would have liked to learn a little more about the mysterious birds.  2/5

No comments: