Friday, May 18, 2012

The Key - Simon Toyne

The Key - Simon Toyne (2012)

I really liked the first book in this series Sanctus about  a secluded monastery in Turkey that holds a big secret.  Sanctus was a real page turner right til the last page.  The Key though suffered like many second books of having to hold the story, til the dramatic conclusion in the final third part. 

It didn't help that I was only reading this one on my Kindle at work, and had a busy couple of weeks.  The amount of characters too was a bit distracting, and by the end I was wondering if I should have waited and read all three books together.

I'm also not a huge fan of the run around Dan Brown type of intelectual thriller full of car chases and guns, whereas I would rather have more substance and story.  There did seem to be a lot of shadowy figures with guns, so I am now hanging out to see who will actually hold the story together in book three.  3/5

No comments: