Sunday, April 22, 2012

Submarine

Submarine - DVD (2010)

Ohhh Submarine, I was soo disapointed by you.  I had been annoyed with myself that I had not made the effort to see you at last years film festival.  You then played for weeks at the cinema, but it never seemed to work out me going to see you.  So once I found out you were on DVD I lined up to reserve it for my cinema night.

Movie night was after a lovely day of sunshine, and a cool evening, so it was nice to sit on the couch and put my feet up.  This little tale of a teenage boys 1980s angst was trying a bit too hard for me.  Oliver is infatuated with a girl in his class but has to deal with bullies and a pair of depressing parents, just like every other teenager.  I think for me, if it had had an eighties soundtrack I would have enjoyed it more.  In the end, I ended up only paying half attention.

2/5

No comments: