Monday, February 06, 2012

A Room Full of Bones - Elly Griffiths

A Room Full of Bones - Elly Griffiths (2012)

Somehow I missed the third book about Ruth Galloway, but don't worry - Kindle to the rescue.  The library seemed to have a long waiting list for the only copy, and it was a large print again.  Instead I started this one, the forth of the series, which was fine as the storyline is easy to follow and it is recapped.

I wasn't as impressed with this outing of Dr Ruth.  Racing isn't something I am interested in, and it seemed to me that the author had a couple of ok ideas - Old Aborigine heads, a rich racing family and a dead Bishop.  I like following the Harry/Ruth story that seemed to tie ups some lose ends in this book, but the reappearance of Cathbad is just getting a bit annoying for me.  At least in this one Ruth wasn't being chased by the scary murderer - boy do I hate that.

So a 3/5 - it was nice to curl up and read on this cold and cloudy long weekend and I already wait their next adventure.

No comments: