Monday, February 27, 2012

The House at Seas End - Elly Griffiths

The House at Seas End - Elly Griffiths (2011)

I read this one out of order, as I had to order it on the Kindle, as there was a long waiting list at the library.  I was in a hurry, had to read it now, now, now. 

Six bodies are found buried under a cliff, and Harry and Ruth are determined to find out if they are murdered German soldiers, and their association with the deaths of many pensioners in the village.

I was enjoying the story, but then Ruth found herself alone with one of the villans - my pet hate in any such novel.  Please, please, please don't let the main character be kidnapped/tortured/beaten up by the baddies - it seems to me so Famous Five and feels a lazy way to tie up the lose ends of a thriller.  Grrrrr!!

Still worth a 3/5 - and am now waiting for the next Dr Ruth book.

No comments: