Saturday, January 07, 2012

Seriously... I'm Kidding - Ellen Degeneres

Seriously... I'm Kidding - Ellen Degeneres (2011)

I like the Ellen show - it's a bit of light relief at the end of the day, so it was an easy choice to pick up her book, she only talks about it ten times a show.  I like Ellen too, she does have moments that make me laugh out loud, and I think that her heart is good, she tries to do nice things for people and helps out many families.

Her book too, has many good points and often tackles weighty subjects with a laugh, but for me the balance was off.  I would have liked a few more serious issues and more of Ellen, rather than going for the joke and trying to make everything silly funny.  Maybe I'm too serious, and maybe not the target audience that the book was intended for, but I felt somewhat cheated by the end and wanted a bit more substance.  2/5

No comments: