Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chasing Fire - Nora Roberts

Chasing Fire - Nora Roberts (2011)

This is only the second Nora Roberts book I have read, and I have heard that she has written a whole big stack of them, and probably has a huge legion of fans.  The Search was ok, and this one was in the same genre.

Rowan is a fire jumper, an elite group of men and women who are sent in to fight forest fires.  I guess for me, the main issue with this book was that fire is such a visual thing, and to be honest, I was a touch bored with the whole hero thing.

The relationships part of the story was ok, Rowan and her hot fire jumper, and her father and his new girlfriend.  It was these stories that kept the whole thing together, but I did feel it was a bit long and I was waiting for it to end.  2/5

No comments: