Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daughters of Rome - Kate Quinn

Daughters of Rome - Kate Quinn (2011)

I really loved Kate Quinns first novel Mistress of Rome, and I was looking forward to this one.  So much in fact, that I saved it up as my Christmas read, to sit in the sun and relax reading it. Don't laugh - my dad did the same thing at his place, choose a special book to read in the holidays.

For me, the story was a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but once started I enjoyed reading about the two sisters and their cousins in the year of the four emperors.  I like the melding of real and imaginary characters, it makes you feel a bit less guilty about reading about randy centurions if you learn a little history.

So a 3/5 from me, and I am already waiting for her next book.

No comments: