Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Never Let Me Go











Never Let Me Go - DVD (2010)

I was at the library this aftenoon, grabbing my six reserves, already including two DVDs to watch when I saw that Never Let Me Go on the shelves.  I like Kiera Knieghtly, she always adds a bit of class to a movie, and even though I knew nothing more about the story , it seemed like it would be the one for my birthday night.

It is hard to describe without giving it all away, but Ruth, Kathy and Tommy are growing up in a boarding school together where their friendships are challenged by the news about their futures.  We meet them  a few years later, when circumstances force them to face their past.  Beautifully shot and gentle, I did get a few tears in my eyes at the end, so not really a happy birthday movie choice, but worthy of a 4/5.  Maybe one that only the girls will love though.

1 comment:

Konnie said...

I loved this movie. Thanks for the review