Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweater Quest - Adrienne Martini

















Sweater Quest - Adrienne Martini (2010)

After a weekend of crazy spring illness, one would think I would have plowed through my book pile, but alas the lurgy gave me not chance of having an attention span, and I attacked the DVR pile instead, and watched the final Oprah show - which was a bit of a let down I thought.

Adrienne Martini decides to spend a year knitting a mammoth of a jumper, blogs about it and writes a book.  Me, I had my own knitting moments, and must apologise to all of my friends, those ones who I knitted ugly big jumpers and gave them to them on their thenty firsts.  So sorry, wish I had bought you all something normal, like towels or glasses.

Anyways, I did enjoy the fact that Adrienne realised that she enjoyed the knitting but not the actual product, as there is something theraputic about this and many hobbies, especially when sitting and watching tv, it takes the guilt away I think from such a mindless time waster.

I did get a bit bored by all the discussion regarding the patterns designer and ownership issues.  So for this - I give it a 3/5.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I need to get you into audio books - it has been such a blessing while been sick - I nod off listening & rewind when wake up.
Wellington library has a really good selection of audio books.
Hope you are feeling better today
Love Leanne & family