Monday, July 11, 2011

Bridesmaids















Bridesmaids (2011)

It starts off with a hiss and a roar, and honestly the first few scenes were great, I was close to releasing some good pig snorts while laughing.   Then like most American comedies, it tried to turn serious, which is a laugh kill, and changes the momentum of the movie and annoys me.  I know it is hard to sustain the laughs all the way through, but there seems to me a formula, of joke, joke, joke, drama, drama, joke that they all follow.

I don't want to give the story away, but basically one friend gets engaged, best friend is bridesmaid, new rich friend is another bridesmaid, rivalry ensues, awesome dress outfit scene, great batchelorette party, overdone wedding shower, Jon Hamm looks cute but is an idiot and the ending is pretty typical. 

We had a laugh, and think it worthy of a 3/5 and bring on more female made fun.

No comments: