Saturday, June 11, 2011

Displaced Persons - Ghita Schwarz

















Displaced Persons - Ghita Schwarz (2010)

I read the blurb on this book and thought I would leave it as I knew I had a big pile of books teetering on my bedisde table.  However, I was drawn back to it and thought I would give it a go.  Though after dragging my heels through reading Untold Story, I feel like my book reading this week has been a bit like wading through thick sticky mud, slow and unyeilding.

This book tells us about Pavel, Fela and Chaim who all survive the second world war and find themsleves joined together as a sort of family, and are waiting til their visas come through so they can emigrate to Israel and the US.

We follow their stories in their new countries as their families grown and circumstances change.  Although I was touched by their stories it somehow became a bit drawn out to me and was a bit of a forced read, I was rushing through waiting for the book to end.  2/5

No comments: