Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You Had Me at Woof - Julie Klam
















You Had Me at Woof - Julie Klam (2010)

As the nights grown colder and NZ TV truly sucks - honestly do we have to be shown Shallow Hal and old reruns of Kath and Kim.  On my budget I can't afford SKY TV, so have to make do with poor peoples tv (did I tell you it mostly sucks?).  Anways, I have a book mountain teetering on my bedside table.  This was near the bottom, but I snuck it up to the top, cos I loved the cover.

Look at that little fellow.  So this is the story of Julie, who living in New York in her thirties, falls in love with her dog Otto.  Living with him leads her into becoming involved with rescuing other Boston Terriers and fostering some of the abandoned dogs.

I like a good animal book, and this one was one of the better ones, it was short, entertaining and not overly sentimental.  We didn't have to read 400 pages to find out that the dog dies at the end all Marley and Me style.  Made me miss my dogsitting dog - Chicky Dog I loves you.

3/5

No comments: