Thursday, April 07, 2011

The Sentry - Robert Crais

The Sentry - Robert Crais (2011) Robert Crais is one of the few crime writers that seems to have sustained his talent past the first five books. We've all seen Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs and Lee Child crash and burn and lose their momentum, whereas I have found that so far, I have enjoyed each of Mr Crais new books. In this new one, an incidental stop at a petrol station results in ex-marine Joe Pike witnessing a confrontation that he soon becomes involved with. After his new friends sudden disappearance, Joe enlists the help of his friend Elvis Cole to find them, and find out why federal agents seem reluctant to help. So I'm going to have to say that it is a 4/5, it made me want to head to my cold bedroom and read the book, and I await his next book.

No comments: