Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion (2009) Now be warned, I am not a big fan of the zombie fiction, but usually the genre is told from the side of the humans being chased. I must admit to quite enjoying at least the first half of Zombieland, and so it is refreshing to see the tale told by a zombie himself, and as the guest blurbs say, you are surprised to find yourself taking Mr Zombies side. So Mr Zombie teaches us what it is like to lose the things that make us human, and what happens when we lose family and a sense of ourselves. Gaining it back, takes the reintroduction of what has been lost, and we discover zombies and humans are alike. Of course when I googled the book to look for a cover I discovered it is being made into a movie with Nicholas Hoult, the boy from About a Boy, and from A Single Man. 4/5 - better than expected and better than the average read.

1 comment:

Katnip Lounge said...

I'm about halfway thru the book and I'm enthralled. Thanks for the recommendation!

Trish