Friday, March 18, 2011

Style Icon



I'm now in the official middle aged territory and being over 40, am struggling with the what do I wear that doesn't make me look like frumpy mutton dressed as 20 year old lamb. Well I have being looking at the fabulous Lisa, at Lisa Leonards Designs, and I must say I am in love with her winter style.

Lots of tunics and cardis over jeans and leggings with boots or flats. A look that would suit me, and hide all those flaws that need camoflaging without looking dowdy. I'm just so jealous that she can pick up pieces for $20 US. Clothes are soo expensive here, and shoes have shot up that they are all in the over $200 ($140 US) range, with boots often being double the price.


So, as it payday here, and even though I am trying not to spend, I have seen some cheapish jeans and a cardi I like in the Ezibuy catalogue, so I might go down and see if by some vague chance they fit me. The jeans I am wearing are two years old and faded and about to sport some lovely thigh holes to let in the air.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

Tunics are soo forgiving.
I start back on fit club MONDAY

Love Leanne

Pia K said...

that looks lovely! i think danish women, danish fashion/style is the best, gives room for individuality (that swedish everyone-looks-the-H&M-same does not) and quirkiness. no matter age, they look fab!

i hope you treated yourself to something great!