Monday, March 14, 2011

The Pioneer Woman - Black Heels and Tractor Wheels - Ree Drummond


The Pioneer Woman - Black Heels and Tractor Wheels - Ree Drummond (2010)

Well, I love me a bit of Pioneer Womans blog, she's a funny funny girl and there is something intriguing about reading about her life with her husband and kids on the farm. I have even made one of her recipes, a chicken curry that was awesome. Ohh and I have bought her favorite lipstick too, an awesome colour that lasts and feels good, so it was a bit of a given that I would read her book. Unfortunately the Wellington Library doesn't stock her cookbook, but this little one would do.

So Black Heels and Tractor Wheels is the story of how Ree in her twenties met a young farmer lad in a bar, and once she got a peek at his wranglers she was hooked. Basically the story of their romance and early life together, I was touched by this little love story, as it was honest and sweet, with just a touch of her special brand of humour, and I felt like it was a friend telling me her story.

3/5 - Cos I needed something sweet and honest when the world seems to be going crazy.

No comments: