Monday, February 21, 2011

Short Fat Chick in Paris - Kerre Woodham


Short Fat Chick in Paris - Kerre Woodham (2010)
In NZ, Kerre is one of those TV entertainers who has been bouncing around TV shows and radio for years. She wrote a book a few years documenting her training and running her first couple of marathons, motivating lots of women of a certain age to get off the couch and get running. Not me of course, but I enjoyed the first book. I don't run for the bus, but should the house be on fire, or someone is in danger, I would pick up the pace and not worry about my thighs catching on fire.
This one, talks about her running the London and then the Paris marathon, with limited amounts of training, and copious amounts of booze. Good on her, she managed to finish both, and write a couple of books with a certain amount of charm and humour.
3/5

No comments: