Monday, February 07, 2011

Black Swan


Black Swan (2010)

Well I have been abscent for a while. I moved from my house of 10 years in December, and house and dog sat for most of January and over the holidays before moving into my house. So, not much time for movies, books or blogging.

So, this weekend, it was a chance on a rainy Sunday afternoon to go and see a movie at the cinema. Black Swan appealed, although I had tried to avoid reading reviews so I didn't know what to expect.

It was a dark beast, this ballet movie. Really a story about personal turmoil and it had me closing my eyes several times, and being grateful that my squeamish friends had stayed at home, as they may have been jumping up from their seats. Both Natalie Portman and Mina Kurnis did awesome jobs playing the determined ballerinas, and the Swan Lake dancing and music helped to make the movie more than the usual Sunday night thriller. Somehow though I came away somewhat unmoved by it.

Ohh, this one is for strictly adults only, don't be taking your ballet loving under 15 year olds to it.

3/5

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I had thought I wanted to see this - will wait for DVD - I don't like squeamish things.
Glad your move went well & you are back blogging.

Looking forward to seeing what you read over Summer
Love Leanne