Sunday, November 14, 2010

Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen


Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen (2006)

This was one of those books that I have been meaning to read, but somehow not got around to. I think I had even borrowed it from the library a couple of times, but time restraints had made me return it, and even this time I kept picking it up and putting it back.

I am so glad I finally started, because from the first page to the last it had me captivated. I enjoyed every page, and was sad that it was ending. I was even sadder when today, as I googled the book cover, I found out that Rob Pattinson and Reece Wettherspoon are making the movie of the story as we speak. Now they are just fine actors on their own, I just don't seem them in these roles, not at all.

The story, well the story is of a veterinary student Jacob, who after dropping out of his studies, finds himself joining an American travelling circus and finds himself in charge of the animal care. He also gets to meet the personalities that live the circus life.

If you haven't read this one yet, I think it should be added to your must be read in 2011 pile. 5/5 - as it is hard to fault.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Thank you it is always great to hear of good must reads.

Love Leanne