Thursday, October 28, 2010

Talking to Girls About Duran Duran - Rob Sheffield


Talking to Girls About Duran Duran - Rob Sheffield (2010)

The title grabbed me with this book when I saw it in the library, I used to be a big fan, and still like to pump out some of their tunes on my ipod. I was also charmed by Rob Sheffields earlier book Love is a Mixed Tape. I picked that one up in the library on a wet afternoon, and was drawn into his world, in which he told his life, his wife who dies suddenly at age 31 and the music they shared.

In his new book, Rob tells us a bit about what is happening now, and more importantly what went on the in the 1980s, in his teenage years. Being the same age, I could relate to most of the stories and the songs, and many a chapter made me smile, especially because I had the biggest of the big hair!!

3/5

No comments: