Monday, October 18, 2010

Dear John


Dear John - DVD (2009)

I didn't have hight hopes for this one, the combination of Nicholas Sparks and the movie trailer indicated that it would be a Sunday night slow viewer. But it was ok, the two main characters seemed to actually have some chemistry and although the plot was as predictable as an episode of 2&0.5 Men (I hate that show), I did enjoy this quiet little movie. I'll give it a 3/5.

As television in New Zealand truly does suck at the moment, I am watching more and more dvds, and have got a good pile of books to read, so I am not missing it. The weather has been a bit unspring like, so that has meant more evenings stuck inside the house, but I am never at a loss for things to do. Never time to be bored around here.

I haven't been to the movies in a while either, there seems little that actually appeals to me, and the prices put me off. I will probably so see Eat, Pray, Love as my friends want to go, but have heard mixed things about it, and I have never really understood the hype around it all.

So I'm off to do the dishes and a few chores, put the electric blanket on the bed and read my book for an hour or so before sleep.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Tv is just soo dull isn't it. It irks me too as we pay for sky as we get bad reception - still nothing much to watch (only have basic package)

We are also struggling to pick good movies from the 5 movies for $5.00 weekly deal at video shop.

Really didn't like Dear john

Love Leanne