Saturday, September 04, 2010

In the Valley of Elah


In the Valley of Elah - DVD (2007)

I think I got this one out on DVD before, but ran out of time to watch it. However as NZ TV has turned into the Adam Sandler show, I am catching up on reading and DVDs. In fact it has been quite refreshing to watch what I want and ignore the rubbish that is played on our tv. Here comes the rant, but the Batchelor - really - who watches this rubbish? I hate that 20 desperate horny Barbies are fighting over one guy who is making out with all the girls. Also, he hasn't settled down yet, doesn't his history make him a player? Gross.

This dvd essentially tells the story of a father who is searching for his soldier son. Recently returned from Iraq, he has gone missing and no-one is answering questions. Tommy Lee Jones I think does an amazing turn as a stiff upper lip father, just holding it together. A sterling performance in a slightly grim movie. 3/5

PS - we are all fine, we live a long way from the earthquake that rocked Christchurch NZ this morning. Looks like there has been a lot of destruction, but thankfully not too many injuries.

No comments: