Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Why?


Why? Why is this the most popular tv show here in NZ, what is wrong with people? Is it just me? I feel it is about two dysfunctional men boys, and the script seems to be have been written by a couple of 12 year olds.
I know we all need some humour and something funny in our life, but do we have to be fed this drivel, and worst of all repeats of repeats. In my youth, tv consisted of repeating repeats of Mash and Happy Days, now it is Two and a half Men and Friends. Enough already - please.
I did watch some quality tv on sixty minutes tonight, where they looked at the state of the oceans and the over fishing of the seas. Did you know that huge numbers of whales are beaching themselves on NZ beaches, dying due to a lack of water and food caused by the lack of squid that these great mammals rely on for sustanance. In december last year there were 107 whales in one mass landing, and many more. So, so sad.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I totally agree, I can't stand that programme!

Annie Bear said...

Yes, why indeed! It's the number one show here too. That is a scary indicator of the general intellect.

Yes, so sad about the whales. :(