Tuesday, July 06, 2010

You Snooze - You Lose


I found this Antique Victorian Iron Table Top Pharmacy Apothecary Prescription Paper Holder c 1890 - on ETSY on Saturday night, and sadly it was sold by Sunday morning. Wouldn't it have looked cute with an old photo on it, and great sitting on my mantle.

It was described as: A very unusual metal and cast iron base antique Victorian 1890 vintage pharmacist's or apothecary's prescription paper holder so the pharmacist could read the ingredients while keeping hands free to grind the prescription, this has a few old 1930's prescriptions with it though the holder is much earlier, the drug store was closed later, base is 3" diameter and holder approx 5 1/2" high with a turnscrew mechanism for the papers, original finish, great piece of early pharmaceutical equipment.

As one of my good friend often chooses to remind me - You snooze - you lose. I guess I was too slow this weekend. Oh well.

No comments: